Feedmill & Maintenance Manager
- Lead a feedmill and maintenance team
- High quality customer service
- Based near Quirindi; iconic brand
Elders has played a key role in rural Australia for more than 175 years. As a leading agribusiness, we are committed to providing our clients with a solution that meets their needs across every aspect of their farming business. We are committed to delivering value to the local communities in which we operate and the future of Australia’s agricultural industry.
Killara feedlot is a modern 20,000 head feedlot located near Quirindi, on the edge of the Liverpool Plains, NSW.
Apply your expertise in the livestock industry to lead and manage the feedmill and maintenance team to ensure Killara feedlot continues efficient production of feed and maintenance of machinery required for feedlot operations. In addition, the Manager is also ultimately responsible for the maintenance and hygiene levels of the feed yards to ensure the wellbeing of animals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day operations for maintenance, feeding and mill operations;
- Manage the Feedmill & Maintenance teams providing direction, guidance on priorities, performance feedback and development as required;
- Ensure OHS standards and policies are complied with at all times;
- Ensure livestock health and wellbeing is maintained at all times and that daily allocations of the feed distribution is in accordance with feed programs and nutritional protocols.
- Experience working with and maintaining machinery;
- Experience working with Livestock;
- Feedlot industry experience (preferred);
- Customer Service skills (preferred);
- Knowledge and understanding of Livestock industry (preferred);
- Drivers Licence;
- Heavy Vehicle Licence;
- Q-Fever Vaccination or proof of immunity.
This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated team, who is passionate about Elders and Australian agribusiness.
Apply now for this unique opportunity or for more information call Nat McKechnie on 02 6746 1700.
Applications close 4 March 2018
At Elders, we want our people to reflect the communities we operate in, and encourage applications from a diverse range of people, backgrounds and experiences. We encourage a positive work-life balance through a range of flexible work options.