- Competitive salary + opportunity for annual incentive + motor vehicle
- Being able to work and learn amongst some of the best experts in the industry
- Flexibility + access to professional development + uniform allowance
ABOUT THE ROLE
Elders Agronomists build and maintain strong relationships with clients not just for short term gains, but to help them create a successful, sustainable and productive business for many years to come. You will work closely with the branch team to provide agronomic technical advice, products and services that help your clients thrive.
WHAT WILL I DO?
As an Agronomist you will:
- Provide onsite agronomic and technical support to clients to recommend appropriate products and services to strengthen their business
- Achieve allocated financial objectives and assist with product forecasting and inventory management
- Promote branch staff upskilling by providing technical advice and product recommendations
- Develop and foster professional relationships with a targeted group of existing and new clients
- Identify and cultivate new agronomic sales opportunities for prospective and existing clients
- Maximise promotional opportunities, including assisting at field days and farmer meetings with demonstrations and trial work
WHO AM I?
To excel with us, you:
- Are comfortable and thrive in a collaborative working environment
- Are smart, resourceful and able to embrace industry research and new technology
- Are passionate about effecting real change for both your clients and your community – with building and maintaining relationships at the core of your work
- Have a proven track record in sales and previous experience in an agronomy role
- Have an ability to provide high level customer service and cultivate relationships with potential and current growers
- Have a tertiary qualification in agricultural science or a related field
- Thrive in a flexible and agile working environment
WHAT WILL I GET IN RETURN?
Elders will support you by providing:
- Training and professional development, such as sales training and Agsafe accreditation
- Flexible working arrangements that promote a positive and healthy work-life balance - and autonomy to plan out your day
- Access to discounts and offers from our partners and suppliers, and an opportunity to become a shareholder through our employee share plan
- Access to an expansive network of agribusiness specialists to draw upon - there will always be someone in a pink shirt ready to lend a hand
Elders is integral to rural and regional Australia and as Australia’s leading agribusiness, our focus is to help clients find success in their agricultural pursuits, no matter what their business or personal goals may be.
We’ve been around for 180 years and with 90% of our employees stating they feel proud to work at Elders, why not join us! For a greater insight into the Elders family, be sure to check out our website at www.eldersrural.com.au
Apply now for this unique opportunity or for a confidential discussion please contact Tony Hall, Area Manager on 0428 870 778.
Applications close on Friday 23rd April 2021.
Please note applications may be short-listed and progressed prior to the closing date.
At Elders, we want our people to reflect the communities we operate in, and encourage applications from a diverse range of people, backgrounds and experiences.