- Tailored remuneration package with opportunity for incentive
- Exciting leadership role with an iconic brand in one of Australia’s largest selling centres
ABOUT THE ROLE
An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Livestock Manager to join our Wagga branch. As the manager of our livestock business you will take ownership of the livestock team, developing both our agency and saleyards business. A dynamic individual, you will work closely with staff to provide high quality service to our clients.
WHAT WILL I DO?
As a Livestock Manager, working as part of a team, you will:
- direct and lead all livestock operations at Wagga
- maintain professional relationships and develop new clientele
- develop and implement client-specific management and contact plans
- provide professional on-property livestock advice to clients, recommending appropriate products and services to strengthen their business
- identify and cultivate new livestock sales opportunities
- attend livestock sales
- assist in the development of local agency staff
- employ tactful negotiating skills to bring buyers and sellers together
- maximise promotional opportunities, representing Elders in campaigns, field days, client nights and industry and community events
WHO AM I?
To succeed at Elders, you will have:
- strong technical knowledge and extensive experience in livestock operations management
- superior client relationship management skills
- experience with managing teams
- strong negotiation and communication skills
- an ability to work both autonomously and as an effective member of a team
- an expert knowledge of safe livestock handling practices and experience in a livestock handling role
- a “can do” attitude ready to roll your sleeves up to build new business
- an ability to provide a high level of customer service and cultivate relationships with potential and current clients
WHAT WILL I GET IN RETURN?
We will provide you with:
- Training and professional development
- Flexible working arrangements that promote a positive and healthy work-life balance
- Access to discounts and offers from our partners and suppliers
- Access to an expansive network of agribusiness specialists to draw upon - there will always be someone in a pink shirt ready to lend a hand
Elders is integral to rural and regional Australia and as Australia’s leading agribusiness, our focus is to help clients find success in their agricultural pursuits, no matter what their business or personal goals may be.
We’ve been around for 180 years and with our employees stating that they feel proud to work at Elders, why not join us! For a greater insight into the Elders family, be sure to check out our website at www.eldersrural.com.au
Apply now for this unique opportunity or to start a confidential conversation and find out more, please contact Matt Tinkler, State Livestock Manager on 0429 387 939.
Applications close Friday 23rd April 2021.
At Elders, we want our people to reflect the communities we operate in and encourage applications from a diverse range of people, backgrounds and experiences.