- Opportunity to lead the Communications and Policy function for an iconic ASX200 Agribusiness
- Flexible work environment
- Ideally Adelaide based, relocation packages available
For over 180 years Elders has been synonymous with rural Australia. More than just real estate, farm supplies or livestock agency, we’re an integrated agribusiness focused on creating real value for all our stakeholders in both Australian and international markets.
Your new role:
Reporting to the GM Strategy, Customer and Digital, you will play a key role in driving the next phase of growth and innovation at Elders. You will lead a small team responsible for developing and executing Elders’ internal and external communication strategy. Key responsibilities include:
- Handle all media enquiries and maintain a solid media relations network in both agricultural and general news outlets
- Position Elders as a thought leader in Australian Agriculture through the development of research-based industry insights to be communicated via various channels including social media, CEO speeches, editorial, blogs and newsletters
- Monitor and report on key changes in the agriculture industry policy landscape (particular focus on livestock, cropping and sustainability) and assist CEO with advocacy work
- Lead the preparation of the Annual Report and AGM and provide investor relations support
- Create and deliver a compelling internal communications strategy to keep employees informed, engaged and feeling connected to the Elders culture, values and strategy
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the team to instill a high performance culture
- Ideally Adelaide based although interstate applicants willing to travel fortnightly will also be considered
- Tertiary qualifications in communications or journalism
- Proven experience leading high performing teams, ideally in a head of capacity
- Extensive experience developing and delivering multi-channel communications strategies spanning traditional and digital media
- Commercially astute and data driven
- Pragmatic and action oriented – equal ability and willingness to “do” and “manage” according to priorities and available resources
- Track record of fostering strong relationships with senior stakeholders and a reputation for collaboration
- Experience in the Australian broadacre agriculture industry would be highly advantageous
What you'll get in return
You’ll be part of a highly capable team in an incredibly proud and resilient organisation, focused on growth and innovation. This position offers outstanding Executive Committee exposure opportunities and will report directly to the CEO for some months while the GM is on parental leave. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Apply now for this unique opportunity. Applications close 17 February 2020.
At Elders, we want our people to reflect the communities we operate in, and encourage applications from a diverse range of people, backgrounds and experiences.