• Exciting Agricultural Sales Role
• Picturesque Sea Side Town
• Based in Whitsundays; iconic brand
Elders has played a key role in rural Australia for 180 years. As a leading agribusiness, have a strong national network of over 250 business locations and employing 2,000 people. We are committed to providing our clients with premium solutions that meet their needs across every aspect of their farming business. We are equally committed to providing our employees with opportunities to reach their full potential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Agronomist who is passionate about agricultural production to join our team at Bowen. Situated at the top of the Whitsundays, you will be applying your expertise in agricultural chemical products to service both existing and new clients in the area. You will enjoy being part of a cohesive team whilst experiencing award winning palm fringed beaches, beautiful bays and a warm tropical climate.
The role will involve:
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients to understand their current and future needs.
• Identifying and cultivating new agronomic sales opportunities for prospective and existing clients.
• Performing agronomic services for clients with farm management including planning, monitoring, testing & inspecting.
• Assisting with product forecasting and inventory management.
• Providing clients with agronomic technical advice and recommend products accordingly.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this role will liaise with people from across the business and will play an active role in representing Elders in campaigns, field days, community events and forums.
• Proven sales track record and previous experience in an agronomy role;
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and engage meaningfully with customers and stakeholders;
• Possess understanding of products, seasonal timing and general agronomy disciplines to best assist customers;
• Ability to provide high level customer service and cultivate relationships with potential and current customers with a view to expand sales;
• Demonstrated high-quality written and verbal communication;
• Although not essential, a qualification in an agricultural or related business discipline will be highly regarded.
• Drivers licence is essential, forklift licence would be an advantage.
This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated team, who is passionate about Australian agribusiness.
Applications close 11 October 2019.
At Elders, we want our people to reflect the communities we operate in, and encourage applications from a diverse range of people, backgrounds and experiences. We encourage a positive work-life balance through a range of flexible work options.
Elders are directly sourcing for this position, therefore we respectfully request no recruitment agency applications.