- Opportunity to shape the strategic direction of an iconic ASX200 Australian business
- Newly formed strategy function with a growth and innovation focus
- Ideally Adelaide based, but we will consider interstate candidates. Relocation packages available
For 180 years Elders has been synonymous with rural Australia. More than just real estate, farm supplies or livestock agency, we’re an integrated agribusiness focused on creating real value for all our stakeholders in both Australian and international markets.
To drive the next phase of business growth, we are forming a new strategy function reporting to the GM Strategy, Customer and Digital.
Your new role:
You will play a key role in developing, synthesising and presenting the business’ overall strategy, as well as tracking performance against it. You will also work on discrete strategic projects, particularly new growth opportunities. Key tasks may include:
- Identifying potential growth opportunities (organic or acquisition) and undertaking detailed market research and business case development to support
- Undertaking customer, competitor and industry research to understand how we can better serve our existing customers as well as attract new customers
- Performing strategic reviews of existing businesses and making evidence based recommendations for performance improvement
- Supporting the IT transformation project by working with IT experts to translate technical concepts to business and customer outcomes aligned to our strategy
- Preparing clear and compelling PowerPoint presentations and papers for our Executive Committee, CEO and Board
- At least 2 years experience in a top tier management consulting firm or investment bank
- Knowledge of Australian agriculture, which may have been gained through work or growing up on a family farm
- Strong financial modeling and analysis capability, including basic statistics and discounted cashflow
- Able to distill, simplify and communicate complex information with clarity
- Down to earth, pragmatic and accountable
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Ideally, you will be based in or willing to move to Adelaide (our Head Office). Relocation packages are available. We will also consider interstate candidates willing to travel at least once a fortnight, with Melbourne the second preferred location.
What you'll get in return
You’ll be part of a highly capable team in an incredibly proud and resilient organisation, focused on growth and innovation. This position offers outstanding exposure opportunities at Executive committee and potentially up to Board level, with the potential to move into senior product or business unit leadership roles. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Apply now for this unique opportunity or for more information contact Amanda Pickering , Senior HR Business Partner at email@example.com.
Applications close 30 October 2019
At Elders, we want our people to reflect the communities we operate in, and encourage applications from a diverse range of people, backgrounds and experiences.