- Critical role in a high performing team
- Passionate for providing outstanding financial and administrative support
- Based in Adelaide Head Office of an iconic brand
Elders has played a key role in rural Australia for 180 years. As a leading agribusiness, we are committed to providing our clients with a solution that meets their needs across every aspect of their farming business. We are committed to delivering value to the local communities in which we operate and the future of Australia’s agricultural industry.
The Accounts Payable Officer ensures the timely and accurate processing of documents to ensure accurate payment to Vendors whilst providing excellent customer service.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Completing payments, related journals, account reconciliation and reports for suppliers
- Providing accurate month end, quarterly and annual reporting
- Seeking updated vendor information and actioning amendments in the database
- Maintaining data in related payment, reconciliation and accounting systems
- Processing payment requests within timeframes and ensuring correct and compliant paperwork is provided before documents are processed
- Identifying and communicating improvement opportunities to work flow processes
- Recognising and acknowledging errors and being proactive in the resolution of these
- Advising Elders Management, Suppliers and Purchasing Officers of the impact of processing errors or incorrect details
- Ensuring Vendor Statements are reconciled and aged items are followed up
- Reconciling allocated General Ledger accounts
Reporting to the Team Leader Accounts Payable, this role will work as part of a team in contributing towards the successful achievement of business performance.
- Certificate III in Business or equivalent
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in full function high volume Accounts Payable role
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- SAP and/or CAAPS experience desirable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Keyboard and data entry skills with a minimum of:
- 9,000+ keystrokes with 97% accuracy; and
- 70+ keyboard wpm with 97 % accuracy
This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated team, who is passionate about Australian agribusiness.
Apply now for this unique opportunity or for more information call Mignon Chapman, Team Leader Accounts Payable on 8425 4298.
Applications close 25 August 2019
At Elders, we want our people to reflect the communities we operate in, and encourage applications from a diverse range of people, backgrounds and experiences. We encourage a positive work-life balance through a range of flexible work options.